Downton Abbey {Party Invitation Printable}

4. More. Days.

Downton Abbey is back my friends. The Season 3 Premiere airs this Sunday, January 6th on PBS at 8:00 pm! I’m so excited, I can barely stand it. I decided this event calls for a party with some of my closest friends… we’ll have yummy food and celebrate the return of this lovely couple to the screen:

Speaking of yummy… {Am I the only one smitten by Matthew’s boyish good looks & English charm?}

In honor of this occasion, I have created a special invitation {in case you want to throw your own viewing party!}
What a wonderful excuse to dress up, drink tea, and snack on some delicious treats! {okay, so I probably won’t be dressing up, and I’ll most likely serve hot chocolate, but there will be lots of food involved!}
Here are some more Downton goodies I found:

{There are 4 versions… the Dowager Countess, Matthew & Mary, Thomas & O’Brien, and Sybill. They are hilarious and would make fun party favors!}
And if you enjoy cooking, I’ve heard wonderful things about this book:
One party planner had her guests create a shirt with a favorite Downton quote, and wear it to the party! I think this is a fabulous idea. If you don’t have time for shirts, print out your favorite quotes and make them into coasters :) Here is a link to some of the best quotes from Seasons 1 & 2:

I hope these ideas inspire you to get your girlfriends together this weekend for some Downton watching…

{If you have a party, I’d love to hear the details!}

Find us here:

We love linking to these parties!

Skip To My Lou Tip Junkie handmade projects Todays Creative Blog Home Stories A2Z Visit thecsiproject.com     Lil'Luna 52 Mantels Photobucket The 36th AVENUE  Whipperberry I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom   It's Overflowing Positively Splendid

Comments

Oh you guys are so cute and funny! I love Downton Abby and have been watching it since it started. I am so addicted! I also think Matthew is so HANDSOME! Love his personality on the show, he is a real sweetie.
    Love your website. I love all things crafts. :) Thank you for making me smile.

It is officially because of you guys that I am now hooked on Downton Abbey!!! THANK YOU! :) I think I have been told to check the show out about 10 times… why it takes a cute blog post to push me over the edge…. well I don’t know why! But yayy! I am on episode 5 of the first season and I don’t think I will get anything much done this weekend since I will be doing so much watching! :) Thanks again girls!
    Hugs and Happy Weekend!!
    Jaime

Bahahah! Love the paper doll (: I’ve already watched season 3 but I heard a horrible dirty rumor about the beginning of season 4 killing off a main character and am and am dreading it! But, have fun on the 6th- you will love the premiere episode! xoxo

Love all your ideas! My friends and I had such a hard time finding Downton party ideas when we were planning ours a few months ago. Thanks for linking to our idea of the t-shirts! Made me smile when I saw this post on pinterest and then found my blog linked to. :) Now I want to have another Downton party and use all these great ideas you have here.

I started watching the show last week and love it so far! I chose not to watch tonight because I’m not even on the second season. I can’t wait to see what happens! :)

Oh wow, I’m such a fan of this program & I love these ideas. Have you tried ordering the cookies or do you know if anyone in our area makes them?? I’m so inspired & would love to have a get-together of my own!

Warmly, Michelle

Hi, thanks for linking to my Downton Quotes for Seasons 1 & 2. I’ve just posted a compilation of Quotable Quotes from Season 3, the most up-to-date list of Downton Quotes. Maybe you’d like to check that out. :)

I have recently found your blog whilst searching for Downton Abbey ideas for a Tea Party I threw on Sunday. I love all the ideas which you have suggested for a Downton Abbey Party and used the cut out dolls my guests loved them. I have included a link to your website in my blog post about my Downton event as your blog is so inspiring. Please check my blog out on the link below…