Downton Abbey {Party Invitation Printable}

4. More. Days.

Downton Abbey is back my friends. The Season 3 Premiere airs this Sunday, January 6th on PBS at 8:00 pm! I’m so excited, I can barely stand it. I decided this event calls for a party with some of my closest friends… we’ll have yummy food and celebrate the return of this lovely couple to the screen:

Speaking of yummy… {Am I the only one smitten by Matthew’s boyish good looks & English charm?}
In honor of this occasion, I have created a special invitation {in case you want to throw your own viewing party!}
What a wonderful excuse to dress up, drink tea, and snack on some delicious treats! {okay, so I probably won’t be dressing up, and I’ll most likely serve hot chocolate, but there will be lots of food involved!}
Here are some more Downton goodies I found:
{There are 4 versions… the Dowager Countess, Matthew & Mary, Thomas & O’Brien, and Sybill. They are hilarious and would make fun party favors!}
And if you enjoy cooking, I’ve heard wonderful things about this book:
One party planner had her guests create a shirt with a favorite Downton quote, and wear it to the party! I think this is a fabulous idea. If you don’t have time for shirts, print out your favorite quotes and make them into coasters :) Here is a link to some of the best quotes from Seasons 1 & 2:
I hope these ideas inspire you to get your girlfriends together this weekend for some Downton watching…
{If you have a party, I’d love to hear the details!}

Oh you guys are so cute and funny! I love Downton Abby and have been watching it since it started. I am so addicted! I also think Matthew is so HANDSOME! Love his personality on the show, he is a real sweetie.
    Love your website. I love all things crafts. :) Thank you for making me smile.

It is officially because of you guys that I am now hooked on Downton Abbey!!! THANK YOU! :) I think I have been told to check the show out about 10 times… why it takes a cute blog post to push me over the edge…. well I don’t know why! But yayy! I am on episode 5 of the first season and I don’t think I will get anything much done this weekend since I will be doing so much watching! :) Thanks again girls!
    Hugs and Happy Weekend!!

Bahahah! Love the paper doll (: I’ve already watched season 3 but I heard a horrible dirty rumor about the beginning of season 4 killing off a main character and am and am dreading it! But, have fun on the 6th- you will love the premiere episode! xoxo

Love all your ideas! My friends and I had such a hard time finding Downton party ideas when we were planning ours a few months ago. Thanks for linking to our idea of the t-shirts! Made me smile when I saw this post on pinterest and then found my blog linked to. :) Now I want to have another Downton party and use all these great ideas you have here.

I started watching the show last week and love it so far! I chose not to watch tonight because I’m not even on the second season. I can’t wait to see what happens! :)

Oh wow, I’m such a fan of this program & I love these ideas. Have you tried ordering the cookies or do you know if anyone in our area makes them?? I’m so inspired & would love to have a get-together of my own!

Warmly, Michelle

Hi, thanks for linking to my Downton Quotes for Seasons 1 & 2. I’ve just posted a compilation of Quotable Quotes from Season 3, the most up-to-date list of Downton Quotes. Maybe you’d like to check that out. :)

I have recently found your blog whilst searching for Downton Abbey ideas for a Tea Party I threw on Sunday. I love all the ideas which you have suggested for a Downton Abbey Party and used the cut out dolls my guests loved them. I have included a link to your website in my blog post about my Downton event as your blog is so inspiring. Please check my blog out on the link below…